What does it say?
- Read Psalm 96
- Identify repeated words, themes, ideas.
2.1 What actions/commands are mentioned in the psalm?
2.1.1 Who is doing them?
2.2 What adjectives are used to describe God?
- What commands are given? To who or what are they given and why?
What does it mean?
- Why is God worthy of worship?
- How God is described?
- What has God done?
- What is God doing?
- What will God do?
- How does God compare to other so-called 'god's?
- What is "the glory due God's name" (v8)?
- What does it mean God will judge the peoples...
"with equity" (v10)?
"in righteousness" (v13)?
"in his faithfulness" (v13)?
- How does this passage point to the Lord Jesus Christ?
How should it change us?
- Why do we struggle to worship the Lord like this?
- Who can you tell of the Lord's salvation (v2) and marvelous works (v3) that you haven't done?
- What idols are you tempted to put above God and trust in (v5)? How does this psalm help you reorient your perspective on them?