1 Corinthians 15:1-11 - March 16th 2018
Of First Importance
Read 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
- What does Paul want to remind his readers of? Why does he want to do that?
- What does he consider of first importance?
- What are the components of this message that he delievers?
- Why is the appearance of Jesus to so many people so important?
- Why is it important that Jesus appeared to Paul himself?
- Why does Paul consider himself unworthy to be called an apostle?
- Despite this, why is he an apostle?
- How had Paul responded to God’s grace in his life?
- Has that made a difference in his ministry versus the other apostles? What has been the purpose of all their ministries?
- Why do the Corinthians need to remember that the gospel is of first importance? How should this inform the conflicts in the Corinthian church?
- Why do they need to be reminded that Paul and the other apostles are all qualified to teach this gospel? How should this inform the way they relate to each other in the church?
- How should we think about our own unity as a church? What is it centered on?
- Paul speaks a lot about the resurrection. What importance do you give to the resurrection in your daily Christian life?
- How do you respond to the grace of God in your life? How do you respond when you feel undeserving of it?