in 1 John
1 John 2:15–17 - June 14th, 2019
What does it say?
- Read 1 John 2:15–17
- What does John say not to do?
- What are the reasons John gives for this?
- What does John say about 'the world'?
- What contrast does John make with 'the world'?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
- What is 'the world' according to John?
- Why does John warn the readers about it?
- What are the 'desires of the flesh' and the 'desires of the eyes' and the 'pride of life'? (1 Jn. 2:16)
How should it change us?
- How are you tempted to love the world?
- How are you tempted to love the things in the world?
- How does the book of Ecclesiastes reinforce what John is teaching in 1 John?
- What have you applied from Ecclesiastes that helps you obey John?
- How can we help each other obey John's message?
- Sing "All Glory to Christ" to one another and to God.