in 2 Timothy
2 Timothy 1:1–5 - September 27th, 2019
What does it say?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:1–5
- Who wrote this letter?
- What does the person call themselves? (v. 1)
- Who was the letter written to?
- What is the person called? (v. 2)
- Who does the author thank in v. 3 and why?
- Why does the author long to see the person written to?
What does it mean?
- What is an 'apostle' in v. 1?
- Why does Paul call Timothy 'my beloved child' in v. 2?
- What is the occasion for Timothy's tears in v. 4?
- Who are Lois and Eunice and how did they influence Timothy?
How should it change us?
- How can we be encouraged by this passage?
- Does your prayer life look like Paul's in v. 3?
- What do you think motivates his constant prayer?
- What implications are there for parents and families to disciple and share the gospel with those under their care?
- How can we as a church help those with children in this?
- Sing All Glory Be to Christ to God and to one another.