in 2 Timothy
2 Timothy 1:6–12 - October 4th, 2019
What does it say?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:6–12
- What does Paul tell Timothy to fan into flame? (v. 6)
- What spirit did God give them? (v. 7)
- What is Timothy not to be ashamed of? (v. 8)
- What is Timothy supposed to share in? (v. 8)
- Why did God call and save them? (v. 9)
- What did the Savior Christ Jesus do and how? (v. 10)
- Why does Paul suffer? (v. 11–12)
What does it mean?
- What is "the gift of God" in v. 6?
- What does "before the ages began" mean in v. 9?
- How is the related to our salvation not being because of works?
- When was Paul appointed a preacher, apostle, and teacher? (v. 11)
- Who is guarding what was entrusted to Paul? (v. 12)
How should it change us?
- What does it mean to have a spirit of power and love and self-control?
- What does it look like to be ashamed of the Lord or of Christian's that are suffering because of Christ?
- What is the connection between preaching and suffering? Do you experience suffering for proclaiming Christ, why or why not?
- Sing The Power of the Cross to God and to one another.