in 2 Timothy
2 Timothy 2:14–19 - November 15th, 2019
What does it say?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:14–19
- What does Paul tell Timothy they should not do in v. 14?
- How is Timothy told to present himself to God in v. 15?
- What does Paul tell Timothy to avoid in v. 16?
- What does he say this will lead to in v. 16 and 17?
- Who does Paul use as negative examples in v. 17 and 18?
- What is false about their teaching (v. 18)?
- What is the result of their teaching (v. 18)?
- What does Paul contrast with this false teaching in v. 19?
- What are some repeated phrases in this section that appear throughout the letter?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence
- What are 'these things' in v. 14?
- What does it mean to 'rightly [handle] the word of truth' in v. 15?
- What is 'irreverent babble' according to Paul in v. 16?
- Who are Hymenaeus and Philetus from v. 17? Which New Testament letter are the referenced in?
- What is 'God's firm foundation' in v. 19?
How should it change us?
- What is the difference between quarreling about words and rebuking false teachers like Paul does?
- How can you rightly handle the word of truth?
- How often do you pray for the men who preach the Word at Covenant Hope?
- What can you pray from this passage for them?
- Can you recognize irreverent babble so that you can avoid it? How can you grow in this?
- Sing His Mercy is More to God and to one another.