in 3 John
3 John - September 22nd
Walk in truth by showing love to the family of God
Read 3 John 1-4
- Who is the author writing to and how does he feel about them?
- Why does he feel that way about him? Who else does he feel this way towards?
- How do you respond to testimonies of God’s work in other Christians? What practical steps could you take to help you respond with rejoicing more consistently?
- What simple step can you take to help encourage other Christians, based off this text?
Read 3 John 5-12
- What faithful thing has Gaius done? Why does John say it is important for him to do this?
- What is the result of Gaius’s support of these brothers?
- What is Diotrophes doing?
- What does John say Gaius should and shouldn’t imitate? Who are the examples of who to imitate and who not to imitate?
- What does John’s responses to Gaius and Diotrophes teach us about how we should engage with others in the church?
- What practical ways could you become fellow workers for the truth with other believers?
Read 3 John 13-15
- How does John conclude the letter?
- What does John seem to value in the way he concludes?
- What would need to change in the way you think about fellow Christians in order for you to speak about fellow believers in the same way as John?