in 2 Timothy
What does it say?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:20–3:9
- What metaphor does Paul begin this passage with?
- What commands does Paul give Timothy in this passage?
- What time period does Paul say times of difficulty will come in?
- How does he describe people during this time?
- What examples from the Old Testament does Paul use to compare these people with?
- What is the result of these type of people?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence
- What are the vessels for honorable use and dishonorable use in 2:20–21?
- Who is the master of the house in 2:21?
- Who is the Lord's servant in 2:24?
- What does the devil do to those caught up in false teaching in 2:26?
- What are the 'last days' in 3:1?
How should it change us?
- How do you help your fellow church members flee "youthful passions and pursue righteousness..."?
- What can you pray for the elders of Covenant Hope Church from this passage?
- How do you protect fellow members from people described in 3:2–7?
- Sing Our Great God to God and to one another.