God’s Answer to Sin
Read Genesis 6:1-8
- What is the context of what is happening? What reference to God’s commands to man in Genesis 1 can you see?
- What thing happens that provokes the Lord? What is his response?
- Moses describes this being the time of mighty men of renown. Yet how does God judge the reputation of humanity?
- What does the Lord see about humanity? What is is his response?
- What action does God promise?
- What is the relationship between verse 7 and 8?
- What warning is there for us from this passage?
- How should we think about sinful thoughts, based off this passage?
- What is the response of your heart in hearing the action God promises in verse 7? Why do you think you respond that way?
- What hope is there in this passage?