Jesus Calms the storms
Read Mark 4:35-41
- Describe the scene, who is there and what are they doing?
- What do the disciples presume is going to happen?
- What does their question to Jesus show?
- Consider Jesus questions to them.
- What do his questions indicate?
- How do they respond and why?
- What do our fears reveal about us?
- How should our faith affect our fears?
- What fears are you currently wrestling with and how does Jesus relate to them?
Read Mark 5:1-20
- Describe the scene; how does it compare or contrast with the storm?
- What does Jesus say/do/command?
- How is this different than previously and why?
- How does the man with a demon respond to Jesus and why?
- What else happens as a result of Jesus calming the demoniac and why?
- How does this scene answer the question asked in 4:41 - “Who then is this…?”
- What do these passages reveal about Jesus identity and character?
- How can we relate to the disciples in the storm and the demoniac?