What does it say?
- Think back to what's been covered in Daniel 1-8.
- What were some of the major events?
- What was the point of the vision in Chapter 8?
- Read Daniel 9
- What are repeated words/phrases/ideas?
- What timings are mentioned?
- What observations can you make about Daniel's prayer in verses 3-19? (i.e. comparisons or contrasts?)
- How is Gabriel described?
- What is promised in verses 24?
What does it mean?
- Where do you think Daniel was reading in Jeremiah?
- Read Jeremiah 29:10-14.
- What connections do you see?
- How might these words have encouraged Daniel while he was in exile?
- Why were the 70 weeks decreed?
- There are a few characters mentioned in Gabriel's explanation.
- Who do you think is the anointed one in verse 25?
- What about the prince at the end of verse 26?
- The desolator in verse 27?
How should it change us?
- What can you learn from Daniel's prayer?
- Read 1 John 1:5-9.
- Why is it safe for Christians to confess their sins?
- How can you grow in "walking in the light" (confessing your sins to God and to one another)?
- God's promises to "put an end to sin" and "to atone for iniquity" seem far away for Daniel.
- Is God teaching you patience through something in your own life?
- How can God's word help you to persevere?
- How does Jesus fulfill the promises in verse 24?