What does it say?
- Read Daniel 10-12
- What are repeated words/phrases/ideas?
- What characters are mentioned?
- How are they described?
- Do you see any connections to the preceding chapters?
- Why has the angel come in 10:12?
- How would you summarize these 3 chapters in one sentence?
What does it mean?
- How do you feel after reading? (Perhaps you feel like Daniel in 12:8)
- Why do you think God gave this vision to Daniel?
- Do you think that the commands to Daniel to "fear not" and the reminders that he is "greatly loved" affected his understanding? (10:11,12,19)
- How so?
- What is God's goal for those who would receive Daniel's writings?
- What do you learn about life and the afterlife from these chapters? (12:2)
- Can you match up these visions with any historical events?
- Are there any events yet to happen? (i.e. when Jesus returns?)
How should it change us?
- What can we learn from how Daniel responded to the vision? (v. 2, 3, 12)
- The kings are described in various ways (11:21)
- What are ways that you are tempted towards flattery?
- What are ways that you are tempted towards towards contempt or disrespect?
- From what happens to the kings and kingdoms in these chapters, how should we think about the rulers and authorities in our own day?
- Chapter 12 ends with a promise to Daniel.
- What is the meaning of this promise?
- How is this promise similar to the inheritance of Christians in 1 Peter 1:3-5?