Our Giving: An Offering to God
Read v. 10-13
- Why does Paul rejoice in the Lord greatly?
- Why were they concerned for Paul? What needs did Paul have?
- Where is Paul at this moment in time?
- What secret has Paul learned from this situation?
- What are the “all things” that Paul can do?
- Are you content (scale of 1-10 where are you)? Where are we tempted to search for contentment?
- Where should we seek contentment and how do we do that?
Read v. 14-20
- How would you describe the Philippians response to Paul’s trouble/need? (ongoing partnership/support)
- What is Paul’s greatest priority in it all?
- How does Paul describe their financial gift before God?
- What promise does Paul make to them? (v. 19)
- What does it say?
- What does it mean?
- What doesn’t it mean?
- How do you view giving to the Lord?
- How can we as a church and individuals apply the truths of this text?
- What confidence does v. 19 give us?