in The Psalms
The Anointed King
Read Psalm 2
- How are the nations described? What is their attitude towards God?
- What is God’s response to them? Why does he respond this way?
- What is this meant to teach us about God?
- What is God’s plan, in contrast to the plans of the rulers of the earth?
- How is the Lord’s Son described?
- Who is the Son he is speaking about?
- What warning does the psalmist give?
- What are the consequences for ignoring this warning?
- What is the benefit of listening to this warning?
- How should we respond to the Son? Why?
- How does this passage help us respond to opposition we face in the world?
- How does this passage help us worship God?
- The passage takes loving and submitting to the Son very seriously. Do you view it with the same seriousness? How should this affect our interactions with non-Christians? What about fellow Christians?