JUDGMENT and Salvation
- Whose vision is this? Who is it concerning?
- Who is Edom? (Read Gen 25:21–26, 30)
- Can you think of any other prophets that speak to/about unbelieving nations?
- What will happen to Edom? (Obadiah 8–9)
- Did Edom expect this to happen? (Obadiah 3–4) Why or why not?
- What does v. 10–14 describe?
- What are the consequences of Edom's actions?
- What does it mean to be an exile (v. 20)?
- What will happen to the house of Jacob?
- What future promises are made by Obadiah to God's people? (v. 21)
- What are themes you see in the book?
- What does this book tell us about God's sovereignty?
- Have you ever wondered if God is indifferent to evil? How does the book of Obadiah answer this question?
- What will happen to God's enemies on the Day of the LORD?
- What will happen to God's people on the Day of the LORD?
- Why should Christians in persecution be comforted by the judgment of God's enemies?