What does it say?
- Read Acts 11
- Who is mentioned?
- What conflict is in the text?
- What are repeated words/phrases?
- What places/churches are mentioned?
What does it mean?
- Why does the circumcision party criticize Peter?
- What does Peter add to his retelling of the events in ch. 10 in vv. 4–17?
- Why did the church in Jerusalem send Barnabas to Antioch?
- How did Barnabas seek Saul and bring him to Antioch?
- What is the role of prophecy in the New Testament?
- What is the main point of the passage?
- How is this passage grounded in the gospel?
How should it change us?
- What can we learn from the believers response to persecution in vv. 19–20?
- How can we grow in seeing the grace of God in the church like Barnabas in v. 23?
- What can we learn from how the church in Antioch cared for the church in Judea?
- Pray for God to grow our church in generosity for other churches.