What does it say?
- Read Genesis 13
- Who are the people mentioned?
- Where did Abram come from?
- Who was he with?
- What do we learn about Moses in v. 2?
- Where did Abram return to in v. 4 and what did he do?
- What happened with Abram and Lot?
- What was Abram's solution to this problem in v. 8–9?
- How did Lot respond?
- What does the narrator include about where Lot goes that will be important to us later in Genesis?
- Where did Abram settle?
- What did the LORD say to Abram after separating from Lot?
- Are there any differences between what he said in this chapter as opposed to chapter 12?
- How did Abram respond?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
- What are some differences between Abram and Lot?
- What are some differences between Abram's response in chapter 13 as opposed to last chapter?
- How does this passage point to and relate to Jesus Christ?
How should it change us?
- How does this passage encourage you to trust God?
- How do you exercise faith in terms of God's provision?
- How do you respond when God rescues you from trouble?
- How can we encourage one another to trust God in all circumstances?
- Sing By Faith to God and to one another