What does it say?
- Read Genesis 17
- Who are the people mentioned?
- What are some repeated words or phrases?
- How does Abram respond when God speaks to him (v. 3, 17)?
- What promises does God make to Abram?
- What promises does he make about Sarai?
- What promises does he make about Ishmael?
- What promises does he make about Isaac?
- What change happens to Abram and Sarai?
- What does Abram do to the men in his house in v. 23?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
- What is a covenant?
- What is a covenant sign? (Think back to Genesis 9)
- What is the sign in this passage?
- What does it mean (v. 14)?
- Why does Abraham bring up Ishmael in v. 18 when God promises a son to Sarai?
- Why does God change their names?
How should it change us?
- What can we learn from Abraham's response to God?
- What can we learn about God's faithfulness?
- How does circumcision apply to us today?
- Sing The King in All His Beauty to God and to one another