What does it say?
- Read Daniel 8
- What are repeated words/phrases/ideas?
- When did Daniel see this vision?
- What "characters" does Daniel see?
- How does he describe them? Where do they come from and where do they go?
- the Ram
- the Male Goat
What does it mean?
- What interpretation of the dream is Daniel given?
- Define the following words to aid your interpretation: desolation, indignation, conspicuous, glorious land, sanctuary
- Why do you think the Lord showed these things to Daniel?
- What effect might this vision have for those living in exile? (verse 14 offers hope)
How should it change us?
- Why was Daniel overcome and appalled by the vision? Should we be appalled also? If not, how should this chapter affect us?
- Daniel needed help to interpret God's message for him. What are some ways that we can seek to better understand God's Word?
- How is it helpful for us today to know that God predicted these things in the past?