Sharing the Gospel & our lives
- What circumstances did Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy find themselves in through sharing the gospel?
- What about the gospel would lead to these kinds of reactions?
- Does that mean the gospel is flawed/wrong?
- Why did they keep going if they were seeing this kind of response?
- What are their motives for preaching the gospel? What are not?
- What characterized the manner or way in which they shared the gospel?
- What else did they share with the Thessalonians and why?
- What kind of demands could they have made? What did they do instead?
- What did they exhort or encourage the Thessalonians to do? What does that mean/look like?
- Are you sharing the gospel with others? How are they responding? What keeps you going? According to this passage what should?
- How are you sharing the gospel? (Consider actually how you do it, and what are your motives/character)
- Who are you sharing "your own selves"? How would you define what that means?
- How can we cultivate:
- endurance in suffering/being treated shamefully/conflict as a result of sharing the gospel?
- this kind of parental love/affection for others?
- this kind of attitude and boldness in sharing the gospel?
- walking in a manner worthy of God?