in The Psalms
How should we respond to God’s Word?
Read Psalm 119:1-24:
- Who does the psalmist address in the psalm?
- What actions does this portion of Psalm 119 encourage in relation to God’s Word? (discuss all these different actions, what they mean, and how they overlap/differ)
- In light of this passage how should we feel about God’s Word?
- What role does the psalmist have in living according to God’s Word? (what’s our responsibility?)
- What does the psalmist ask God to do? (what’s God’s responsibility?)
- What is the result of faithfully engaging with and keeping God’s Word? What is the result of not doing so?
- How does this psalm change your view of God’s Word/Instructions?
- What if we don’t feel this way about our Bibles? What can we do? How can we encourage one another?
- What have been some tools or disciplines which have helped you engage with God’s Word and see it’s effects in your life?
- What is the purpose of studying God’s Word? What is the desired goal?
- How does this passage fit into the overarching storyline of the Bible and it's message concerning Christ?