What does it say?
- Read Genesis 23–25:18
- Who are the key people in this passage?
- What happens to Sarah in ch. 23?
- What does Abraham acquire in ch. 23?
- What does Abraham ask his servant to do in ch. 24?
- Where does his servant go?
- Who does his servant meet?
- What significant event happens at the end of ch. 24?
- What happens to Abraham in ch. 25?
- What happens to Isaac?
- What happens to Ishmael?
What does it mean?
- Why does the author focus on a transaction of land in ch. 23?
- What methods did Abraham's servant use to determine the LORD's work as he searched for Isaac's spouse?
- What can we learn from this, what are dangers in applying it to today?
- How does Abraham treat Isaac and Ishmael differently? Why?
- How can we understand this passage through the gospel?
How should it change us?
- What can we learn about God from these passages?
- How do you need to change in light of this passage?
- What have you learned through the life of Abraham?
- How has your life looked different because of this sermon series?