What does it say?
- Read James 4:1–12
- What questions are asked?
- What are the repeated words/phrases?
- What are the commands/imperatives?
- What are the promises?
- What does James tell us about ourselves?
- What does James tell us about God?
What does it mean?
- What are passions?
- What does it mean to be a friend of the world?
- How would you summarize the commands in vv. 7–10?
- What does it mean to judge the law?
- How does the gospel connect to this passage?
How should it change us?
- When was the last time you had conflict with another person? How was it resolved?
- How does your life reflect your deep need for more grace from God?
- What does repentance look like in your life? How do you respond when you sin? When was the last time you confessed your sin to another Christian?