What does it say?
- Read Acts 1:1–11
- What are repeated words/phrases/ideas?
- Who is mentioned in the passage?
- Who wrote this book?
- What places/times are mentioned?
What does it mean?
- What does the author mean when referring to Jesus' suffering in v. 3?
- Why did Jesus order the apostles not to depart from Jerusalem in v. 4?
- What is the difference between the 'kingdom of Israel' and the 'kingdom of God'?
- What is the ascension and what is the significance of it?
- How is this passage grounded in the gospel?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
How should it change us?
- How do you see the power of the Holy Spirit at work in your evangelism?
- How often do you view your circumstances in light of the second coming of Jesus Christ?
- How are you tempted to worry in seasons of waiting on the Lord?