What does it say?
- Read Psalm 98
- Look for repeated words, themes, ideas.
a. What commands are given? To whom?
b. How and why are they given?
What does it mean?
- How would you divide up the passage? (Give each section a heading).
- What are God's "right hand and his holy arm" referring to? (v1)
- What salvation has been made known? (Consider the original audience).
- What does it mean he "has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness to the house of Israel"?
4.1 What is his "steadfast love and faithfulness"?
- What do we learn about worship from v4-6?
- How does God judge in righteousness? (Think about how the gospel answer this question).
How should it change us?
- What do we learn about who God is in the psalm?
a. What difference does it make?
- When are you tempted to doubt God's steadfast love and faithfulness?
- How can the truth of this psalm comfort you in those moments?
- Do you sing regularly to the Lord? What do you sing about?