sign's of the kingdoms culmination
Read Mark 13:1-37
- In Mk 11 Jesus cleansed the temple, now what does he warn the disciples of?
- After Jesus foretold the destruction of the temple, what question did Peter, James, John, and Andrew ask him?
- Why does Jesus tell them to be on guard?
- What does Jesus warn them of in v. 5-23?
- What exhortations does Jesus give in these verses? (Look at v. 5, 9, 13, 14, 18, 21, and 23)
- What hope is given to those who persevere in v. 24-27?
- After sharing a lesson from the fig tree, Jesus warns the disciples in v. 32-37. What similar warnings does he that appeared earlier in the chapter?
- Jesus doesn't answer every speculative question we have. What is the purpose of Jesus' teaching here?
- How can we encourage one another to faithfulness?
- What encouragement can believers find in this passage?
- Which members of the church do you spur on to endure until the end?
- Who encourages you to be faithful to Christ until his second coming?
- How can you grow in encouraging the church to follow Christ?