in The Psalms
What does it say?
- Read Psalm 100
- What purpose is given for this Psalm in the superscription (that is, the introductory remarks before v. 1)?
- What does the Psalmist command the listener to do in v. 1 & 2?
- How does he say to do it?
- What does the Psalmist tell us about God?
What does it mean?
- Summarize Psalm 100 in one sentence.
- Why is it important to know the LORD is Creator? (v. 3)
- What does it mean we are “the sheep of his pasture”?
- Why is it important to know the LORD is good? (v. 5)
- How can God be "a forgiving God to them but an avenger of their wrongdoings?" in v. 8?
- How does this point to the Gospel?
How should it change us?
- In light of this Psalm…
- What should we believe about God?
- What should we believe about ourselves?
- What does this Psalm command us to do in response?
- How should we feel according to this Psalm? (Consider ways it tells us to do certain actions, as well as ways that the truths of this Psalm should make us feel)
- Sing "The Steadfast Love of the Lord" in response to this Psalm.