in 1 John
What does it say?
- Read 1 John 2:18–27
- Who does John say is coming?
- What hour does John say it is?
- Why does John say he writes to them?
- Who is a liar according to John?
- Who is the antichrist according to John?
- What promise has been made to us?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
- What is the 'last hour?' (v. 18)
- What does it mean that "they went out from us?" (v. 19)
- What does "anointed by the Holy One" mean? (v. 20)
- What is the 'antichrist?' (v. 22)
- What does John mean when he says, "you have no need that anyone should teach you?" (v. 27)
How should it change us?
- How should we live in light of this passage?
- How does being a part of a local church help us abide until the end?
- How can we protect one another from those trying to deceive us?
- Sing Where Will I Be? in response to this Psalm.