in The Psalms
What does it say?
- Read Psalm 4
- Who wrote Psalm 4?
- What petitions does he make in v. 1?
- What laments does he make in v. 2?
- Who does the LORD set apart for himself in v. 3?
- Where does David say to put your trust in v. 5?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
- Why does David call on God and ask to be heard in v. 1, while in v. 3 he affirms that the LORD hears when he calls?
- Is it a sin to be angry? (v. 4)
- What blessing is "the light of your face upon us..." referencing in v. 6?
- Why does David use this?
- How does this Psalm point to Christ?
How should it change us?
- Do you struggle to trust God, why or why not?
- Are you joyful despite your circumstances, why or why not?
- When you sleep, are you confident that in Christ you have all the safety you need, why or why not?
- Sing "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" to one another and to God.