in 2 Timothy
What does it say?
- Read 2 Timothy 4:1–8
- What repeated words or themes do you see?
- Who are the people mentioned?
- Who did Paul charge Timothy in the presence of?
- What did Paul charge Timothy to do?
- When did Paul tell Timothy to be ready for this?
- Why will people not endure sound teaching according to Paul?
- What stage of life is Paul writing from?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence
- What does 'by his appearing and his kingdom' mean in v. 1?
- What does it mean to have 'itching ears' in v. 3?
- What is the work of an evangelist in v. 5?
- What type of judgment does Paul expect from the Lord?
- What does it mean to 'have loved his appearing' in v. 8?
How should it change us?
- How can you pray for those who preach the Word (elders) to you from this passage?
- How can you guard yourself from having 'itching ears'?
- How can you guard your fellow members from this?
- How does Christ's second coming motivate you to be faithful in this life?
- How can you encourage fellow church members to look forward to Christ's coming?
- Sing Never Cease to Praise to God and to one another.