What does it say?
- Read Acts 17:1–34
- What are all the places?
- Who are all the people?
- What are repeated words/phrases?
- What are different reactions to the gospel?
What does it mean?
- Why did the Jews respond negatively to the preaching of Paul and Silas (vv. 5–9)?
- How does Luke contrast the Jews in Berea to the ones in Thessalonica (vv. 10–15)?
- Why was Paul provoked by a city full of idols (vv. 16–21)?
- How does Paul's preaching differ here from earlier sermons in Acts?
How should it change us?
- How does this passage encourage us to persevere in preaching the gospel to all people?
- How does this passage remind us of the suffering we may endure for being faithful Christians?
- From Paul's sermon, what do we learn about God and how should we praise him?
- How can we spur one another's evangelism on?