THe Plot to kill Jesus
Read Mark 14:1-11
- Why did the chief priests and scribes seek to arrest Jesus and kill him after the feast? (v. 1–2)
- Based on what you know from earlier in Mark, what motivated their plot to kill Jesus?
- Whose house is Jesus staying at in Bethany? (v. 3)
- Why does Jesus associate with a leper like Simon instead of the religious leaders?
- What does the woman do to Jesus at the house? (v. 4–9)
- How much did the ointment cost?
- What was the response of those at the house?
- What was the response of Jesus?
- How can Jesus place himself above the poor?
- Who does Judas Iscariot go to after this? (v. 10–11)
- Why does he go to them?
- What did they promise him?
- What can we learn from the anonymous woman about commitment to following Jesus?
- Money is mentioned twice in the passage, once with the woman and once with Judas. What is different about their use of money?
- Judas Iscariot sought to betray Jesus after following him as one of the twelve disciples. How can you guard against turning against Jesus?
- How does the local church help you stand firm until the end?
- Who are you helping see and savor Jesus Christ as the Messiah?