What does it say?
- Read Acts 15:1–35
- Who is mentioned in the passage? What different leaders are present?
- What conflict occurs in vv. 1–5?
- Which two leaders give speeches in vv. 6–21?
- What is the resolution to the conflict?
- How do the Gentile believers respond?
What does it mean?
- What was wrong with the men from Judea's teaching in v. 1?
- Why did the apostles, elders, and church need to make a definitive decision about it?
- How did Peter seek to persuade the group? How did James do the same?
- Why did James give them a list of things to abstain from in v. 20?
- Do these apply to us today, why or why not?
How should it change us?
- What can we learn from how the apostles, elders, and the whole church protected the gospel?
- How are you tempted to return to works, and not rely on the gospel of grace for your salvation?
- How can we unintentionally lay burdens on people that teach salvation by works?
- How are you seeking to strengthen and encourage the believers of other church?