in 1 Peter
What does it say?
- Read 1 Peter 3:8–12
- Who wrote the letter (see 1 Peter 1:1)?
- Who did they write to?
- What does he tell them to have? (v. 8)
- What contrast is listed in v. 9?
- What is the purpose of this contrast?
- What Old Testament passage is cited in vv. 10–12?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
- What is the main point?
- How are unity of mind and sympathy connected?
- How is a tender heart and a humble mind connected?
- Read the Old Testament citation. Why does he cite from this passage?
How should it change us?
- How do you work for the unity of the church?
- How do you exercise brotherly love?
- Who is an example of exercising a humble mind?
- What are opportunities you have to "not repay evil for evil"?
- Sing There is a Fountain to God and to one another