Joyful Obedience for Christ's Sake
Skim - quickly read over the whole passage/chapter and try to observe the main emphasis.
Skim Chapter 1
- How would you describe Paul’s tone in the first chapter of this letter?
- What is the most important thing to Paul? (note specific verses to answer this)
- What does Paul want to encourage in the lives of the church in Philippi? (look at his prayer(s) as well as his instructions)
Skim Chapter 2
- What does true humility look like? (make note of different examples that Paul gives)
- How does the gospel help us grow in humility?
- What is the result of humility?
Skim Chapter 3
- What is the great treasure and goal of the Christian life?
- How can we press on in the Christian life?
- What connection is there between the way we think and act?
- Who are some men/women in our church that you (do/should) imitate? (Consider asking someone to begin imitating if you are not already doing so, meet with them, ask them questions…)
Skim Chapter 4
- What practical applications does Paul give for standing firm in the Lord? (Look at the whole chapter!)
- Where does true contentment come from?
- On a scale of 1-10 how content are you?
- How do we learn to be content?
- What role does money play in your life? How can it be stewarded to the glory of God?
- What themes are present throughout the book?
- What is one thing you want to apply to your life from the book of Philippians?
Pray for Covenant Hope in light of our series in Philippians.