Acts 14 – 20th March, 2021
What does it say?
- Read Acts 14:1–28
- Where do Paul and Barnabas go?
- What similarities/differences are there between the second part of their journey and the first part (Acts 13)?
- How long do they stay in each place?
- Who else is mentioned in each place?
- What do Paul and Barnabas do?
- How do the people respond?
- What do they say?
What does it mean?
- Why did people want to sacrifice to Paul and Barnabas? What's wrong with that?
- What do we learn about God in this chapter?
- Why did they return to places they'd already shared the gospel (v. 21)?
- Why "through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God" (v.22)? What is the kingdom of God? When and how do we enter it?
- Why do they return to Antioch do you think?
- What do they do there? Why is it important?
- What does it mean that "a door of faith" had been opened? Who opened it?
How should it change us?
- What can we learn from their response to persecution?
- What ways might you encourage and strengthen brothers and sisters in light of this passage and their example?
- How should we think about our tribulations and suffering?
- How do we see the gospel lived out in these verses? What might that look like for us at Covenant Hope?