Acts 27:1-44 - 8th October 2021
What does it say?
- Read Acts 27
- What characters are mentioned?
- What places are mentioned?
- Where does Paul start and where does Paul end up?
- What are repeated words/phrases?
- What questions do you have after reading through the chapter?
- What is Festus' reaction to Paul's speech? What about King Agrippa's reaction?
What does it mean?
- Lookup any sailing phrases you don't understand (e.g. "under the lee", "putting out", etc.)
- What differences do you see between what Paul says in verse 10 and what he says in verse 22?
- What new information is introduced in verse 24?
- What ends up happening to the ship and to all those on board?
- How do the emotions of the people change throughout the chapter?
- The storm, and even the guards, threaten Paul's life.
- Why do you think Paul survives?
- Who keeps Paul alive?
- What does this teach you about God?
- What comparisons and contrasts can you make between this passage and Jonah 1:3-6?
How should it change us?
- What do you learn from this passage about friendship?
- Do you have friends like Paul who will travel with you, care for your needs, look after you spiritually, etc.?
- How can you grow in your God-given friendships with others?
- Do you have friends at church or elsewhere that could use your help (with material needs, spiritual encouragement, etc.)?
- Paul was given a promise by God through an angel.
- What promises has God given you through his Word?
- How do you know when a promise in scripture is meant for you?
- What "storms" are threatening you this week?
- How can you grow in trusting God's words in your life?