Acts 4:1–31 - 17th October, 2020
What does it say?
- Read Acts 4:1–31
- What was the result of Peter's sermon from Acts 3? (see vv. 1–4)
- What ideas/words/themes are repeated?
- What locations are mentioned?
- Who is mentioned?
- What Old Testament passages are cited/alluded to?
- What questions are asked?
- What are the answers to those questions?
What does it mean?
- Why did the religious leaders arrest Peter and John?
- What 'sign' is referred to in v. 16 and 22?
- How did the apostles respond to the command "not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus"? (vv. 23–31)
- How do they interpret Psalm 2? (vv. 27–30)
- How is this passage grounded in the gospel?
- What is the main point of this passage?
How should it change us?
- How do you respond when your gospel proclamation is opposed?
- How do you need to grow in speaking Jesus' name?
- What can we learn from their prayer in vv. 24–30?