Praising God for his justice
Read Habakkuk 3:1-16
- How does this passage describe God? What are some of the actions God is described as doing?
- What is Habakkuk's response to this 'report' of God's work? What does he feel in response to hearing these things? (v. 2, 16)
- What is Habakkuk’s prayer in light of this? (v.2)
- What does Habakkuk say he will wait for?
- What is your initial response to this description of the Lord?
- How should the power and destruction God carries out shape the way we think about him? How should it inform the way we pray and live?
Read Habakkuk 3:17-19
- Summarize Habakkuk’s conclusion in this section.
- How is this different from his view of God in Hab. 1?
- What is not the basis of whether he will rejoice? What is the basis of his rejoicing?
- How do we remind ourselves that our joy should be in the Lord?
- Habakkuk takes strength in the midst of hardship because of promises of God that he knows are coming. What promises of the Lord encourage you?