Showing items filed under “Mark Donald”
Who can forgive sins but God alone?
Read Mark 1:40-2:12
- What is leprosy and how would that impact someone; socially, culturally, religiously?
- What does he ask Jesus to do, how does Jesus heal him, and why is it surprising?
- How does the man respond to Jesus and what impact does that have on Jesus and his ministry?
- What was Jesus doing in Capernaum?
- Who is brought to Jesus and how? What does this demonstrate?
- What does Jesus see? What does he say?
- How do the scribes feel about it and why?
- What does Jesus want everyone to know?
- Compare and contrast the two healings and the two responses.
- What do Jesus miraculous healings reveal about his identity and his mission?
- What can we learn from all the individuals about how to respond, and how not to respond to Jesus? (consider those healed, those with them, the crowds, the scribes, etc.)
The Kingdom of God Is At Hand
Read Mark 1:1-15
- What kind of ministry did John have?
- How does John’s ministry relate to and compare to Jesus’ ministry? (note: compare their messages, status, baptism, etc.)
- What does Mark want us to know about Jesus identity as he begins his book?
- How does he show it?
- What is revealed about Jesus relationship with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and how?
- Why is Jesus tempted in the wilderness?
- How does Mark summarize all of Jesus teaching? (v. 14-15)
- Unpack each part and discuss what they mean.
- What does Jesus call people to do?
- What does Jesus call to repent mean? Are you actively repentant of your sins? What does that look like day to day?
- How can we grow in being repentant?
- What do followers of Christ trust in?
- What does an active faith look like and how can we grow in faith?