Showing items filed under “Mark”
Honor the Prophet
Read Mark 6:1-6
- Where did Jesus go and what astonished the people?
- What did they expect?
- What astonished Jesus and what effect did it have?
- What did Jesus spend his time doing?
Read Mark 6:7-13
- What does Jesus send the twelve to do?
- What does it mean Jesus gave them authority?
- What instructions does he give his apostles and why?
- What was their message and mission?
- What do we learn about Jesus in this passage?
- What do these passages teach us about rejecting Jesus (or those who go in his name)?
- What should we expect?
- How should we respond?
- What warning is there for us?
- Compare and contrast the mission that Jesus has given to the Church/the Apostles in this passage.
- What authority has Jesus given us?
- What are we called to do?
Jesus has life-giving power
Read Mark 5:21-43
- Describe the opening scene of this passage
- Who comes to Jesus? What does he want?
- What happens on the way to the house?
- How is the woman healed?
- How does Jesus explain what has happened?
- What news does the ruler of the synagogue receive in the meantime? How does Jesus respond?
- How do the crowds at the house respond to what Jesus says?
- What does Jesus do?
- How does the passage conclude? Why does Jesus tell the family not to tell anyone about this?
- What is the relationship between the two stories?
- What do these stories tell us about Jesus’ authority?
- What is the role of faith in these stories? How should that affect the way we think about our own faith?
- What kind of people does Jesus care for? What does this teach us about who we, as Jesus’ followers, should care for?