What does it say?
- Read Psalm 101
- Look for repeated words, themes, ideas.
a. Who is mentioned?
b. How are they described?
- How does David pledge to live?
a. What actions does David say he will do?
b. What actions does David say he won't do?
What does it mean?
- What categories of action are mentioned? (i.e. how would you group them?)
- What does it mean to "ponder the way that is blameless"? (v2)
- How would you define "integrity of heart"? (v2)
- What "worthless" things might be set before his eyes? (v3)
- Who are those that "fall away" and what are their works? (v3)
5.1 How might the cling to David?
- What is/are:
- "slander" (v5)
- "a haughty look and arrogant heart" (v5)
- "practicing deceit" (v6)
- How would David "cut off all the evildoers from the city of the Lord"? (v8)
7.1 Where is the "city of the Lord"?
- How would you divide up the passage? (Give each section a heading).
- How does this passage relate to Jesus and the gospel?
How should it change us?
- How can we imitate David's example? (How does the gospel connect?)
- In what ways do you personally need to follow David's example in putting off certain thoughts/deeds and putting on others? (Note: putting off = repent of, putting on = pursue)