Colossians 4:12 - May 4th 2018
Wrestling in Prayer
Read all of Colossians (sermon will be on 4:12)
- Who is Epaphras? (according to this verse... do you know anything more about him?)
- What does it mean that he's one of you?
- What does it mean he's a servant of Christ Jesus?
- What does Epaphras do?
- How does he do it?
- What does it mean to "struggle in prayer"?
- How is it on their behalf?
- What does he pray for and what does it mean?
- What does it mean to "stand mature"?
- What does it mean to be "fully assured in the will of God"?
- How does being a servant of Christ Jesus relate to our prayer? Specifically for one another?
- How might we learn from Epaphras' example?
- Would you describe your prayer life as "struggling on others behalf"?
- Pray for some members of the church to stand mature and fully assured in all God's will. (Use the directory and pray for a page)
- Consider how this passage relates to the gospel. How might we forget the gospel when reflecting on a passage like this?