Daniel 6 – 4th June, 2021
What does it say?
- Read Daniel 6
- What are repeated words/phrases/ideas?
- Who is mentioned in the text? How are they described?
- What happens?
- What kind of texts are included in this chapter? (Narrative, Poetry, Letter)
What does it mean?
- Why did the high officials want to find fault with Daniel?
- Why would an injunction to pray to Darius be made? (There may be multiple reasons)
- What might that communicate about their view of Darius?
- Why do you think Daniel prays the way he does?
- Why does the narrator tells us about Darius's distress at the prospect of Daniel's death?
- How would this story inspire those in exile?
- How does this story point to the gospel of Jesus Christ? (There are many ways! Spend time thinking of how this story is reflected in the life of Jesus)
How should it change us?
- How does Daniel's example, in the light of Christ, inspire us to live today?
- How do the truths of this passage inspire us to remain faithful to God and not compromise in the face of opposition and even death?
- How does it apply to us as a church? How can we together remain faithful to the Lord until our final deliverance?