Daniel 7 – 11th June, 2021
What does it say?
- Read Daniel 7
- What are repeated words/phrases/ideas?
- When did Daniel see this vision?
- What did Daniel see? How does he describe:
- the four beasts?
- the Ancient of Days?
- the Son of Man?
What does it mean?
- What interpretation of the dream is Daniel given?
- What does this dream/vision reveal?
- Why does God choose to reveal it this way? What effect does it have?
- How do chapters 1–6 prepare the reader for chapter 7 (and the following visions)?
- What do we learn about the kings/kingdoms of the world? God? The Son of Man?
- How does this passage point to Jesus and the gospel? Can you think of ideas/figures/themes which are repeated in the New Testament from this passage? If so where?
How should it change us?
- How would Daniel's vision impact God's people in exile?
- Why was Daniel alarmed? Should we be alarmed also? If not how should this chapter effect us?
- How should God's sovereign rule over the future of humanity influence you today?