Ecclesiastes 9:13–11:6 - June 7th, 2019
What does it say?
- Read Ecclesiastes 9:13–11:6
- What are some repeated words?
- What are themes you've seen repeated in the book?
- What are some contrasts?
- What are the consequences of folly according to the Preacher?
- What are the benefits of wisdom according to the Preacher?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
- Why is it better to have the king be the son of nobility rather than a child (Eccl. 10:16–17)?
- What does the Preacher mean by "money answers everything" in Eccl. 10:19?
- What does it mean to "cast your bread upon the waters" in Eccl. 11:1?
How should it change us?
- How much of your life is shaped by confident predictions about the future? (Eccl. 11:5)
- Do you shelter yourself from the fear of failure by having space only for the predictable in your life? How can you change this?
- How can you determine if you are making wise or foolish choices? How is the local church helpful for this?
- Sing "Where Shall I Be?" to God and to one another.