Ephesians 1 - October 26th 2018
Union with Christ
Read Ephesians 1
- Who wrote the book? Who was it written to?
- What does the author tell us about himself?
- What are some repeated words/phrases you see in the passage?
- What does it mean to be in Christ?
- Where do you see this in the text?
- How does Eph 1:4-11 describe the ways we are blessed in Christ?
- What does Paul teach about when Christ chose us? (v. 4)
- What is the reason Paul gives for our predestination? (v. 5–6)
- Why does Paul "not cease to give thanks" for the believers?
- What does Paul pray for them? (v. 17–23)
- List the ways you can praise God for the spiritual blessings he's provided in Christ.
- How can you know of you are in Christ?
- What are ways you see evidence of God's grace in members of the church?
- Pray Eph 1:17–23 for the members of the church.