Exodus 32–34 - March 29th, 2019
Worshipping a holy god
- What major event in Israel's history preceded Exodus 32?
- Where had Moses gone before Exodus 32?
Read Exodus 32–34
- What did the people ask Aaron to do for them while Moses was gone? (Ex 32:1)
- What was Aaron's response? (Ex 32:2–6)
- How did God respond when the people did this? (Ex 32:7–10)
- How did Moses respond when he saw the people? (Ex 32:19–20)
- When Moses asked Aaron about what happened, how did Aaron respond? (Ex 32:21–24)
- After Moses responds to the golden calf incident, what does the LORD tell Moses? (Ex 33:1–3)
- Does he retract his promise of land to the people?
- Why does he decide not to go with them? (Ex 33:3)
- How did the people respond when they heard this? (Ex 33:4–6)
- Moses intercedes for God's people at the tent of meeting and makes new tablets of stone. Why does God have mercy on this "stiff-necked" people? (Ex 34:6–7)
- What happens to the covenant God made with his people? (Ex 34:10–28)
- What do we learn about who man is?
- What do we learn about who God is?
- What do we learn about how we should worship God?
- How do we see the message of the gospel in this passage?
- Sing together of God's grace in Christ Jesus: "Come Ye Sinners".