Genesis 1:26-2:3 - March 23 2018
In his Image
Read Genesis 1:26-2:3
- How does God say he created man? What tasks or roles are involved in the way he creates us?
- Where does humanity stand in relation to the rest of the created world?
- What distinction does God provide within mankind?
- What does the Lord provide for mankind, according to this passage?
- How does God spend the seventh day? What is the result of his action on that day?
- What responsibilities should we understand humans to have in light of how we were created?
- What does this passage teach us about how we should think about creation?
- Both men and women are described as being created in God’s image (v.27). What is the significance of that? How should that affect the way we treat one another?
- Why might the fact that man is created in God’s image be important for the gospel?
- God rests on the seventh day and makes it holy. What pattern is God setting or teaching? What does it mean for that day to be holy? What is the importance of the seventh day in the Old Testament Law? What is its importance in the New Testament?