Genesis 15 - February 7, 2020
What does it say?
- Read Genesis 15
- List all the people mentioned.
- List all the places mentioned.
- Who is the dialogue between in chapter 15?
- What is happening in v. 1?
- What is the problem in v. 3–4?
- What is the solution and who proposes it?
- What question does Abram ask in v. 8?
- What is God's response?
- What do vv. 13–16 point forward to?
- What happens in vv. 17–21?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
- Where is v. 6 quoted in the New Testament?
- Why does Abram cut the animals (except the birds) in half in v. 10?
- Who/what passes through the animals in v. 17?
- What is a covenant?
- How does this passage point to and relate to Jesus Christ?
How should it change us?
- How does this passage encourage you to trust God's promises?
- How are you tempted to unbelief?
- In v. 5 God tells Abram to look toward heaven, how does general revelation help you remember God and his promises?
- How does God's sovereignty in this passage comfort you?
- Sing The King in All His Beauty to God and to one another