Genesis 2:4-25 -- April 6th 2018
Living as God’s Appointed Ruler
Read Genesis 2:4-17
- How was the earth cared for initially? What reason does Moses give as to why God cares for it this way?
- How does God create man?
- How is the Garden described in this passage? What stands out about the description the Garden?
- Why does God place man in the Garden?
- What does this teach about the responsibilities of humanity in the world?
- What does this teach about man’s relationship to God?
- How should this affect the way we view creation? Our day-to-day lives?
- The New Testament teaches that Jesus is a new Adam. How does this passage help explain that idea?
Read Genesis 2:18-25
- What statement does God make about man?
- What did Adam do with all the creatures of the earth? What does this say about his relationship to them?
- How does God create a helper fit for him?
- How does the man respond to the gift of the woman?
- What significance does Moses draw at the end of this passage?
- Why (according to the text) were none of the animals sufficient helpers for the man?
- What does it mean that the woman is provided as a helper?
- What does the man’s response to the woman teach us?
- How does this passage apply to how we think about marriage? Why is the direction of leaving the man leaving his father and mother?
- How does this passage apply to those who are not married?