Genesis 5:1-32 - April 27th 2018
From Adam to Noah
Read Genesis 5:1-32
- What is this passage?
- How does this section start? What previous passage is it referring to?
- What is the significance of starting the genealogy this way?
- What statement occurs most often in this passage? What does the repetition teach us?
- What is the exception to this statement? Why did it occur?
- Why was Noah named Noah? What hope was Lamech expressing? What is this referring to?
- Summarize the different truths about humanity that this passage teaches.
- Why are these truths that matter for our lives today?
- What encouragement should we find from this text?
- How does this teach us to think about rest?