Genesis 6:9-7:24 - June 1st 2018
Wrath and Rescue
Read Genesis 6:9-7:24
- How is Noah described? Who else has been described this way?
- What does God instruct Noah to do? Why does he tell Noah to do this?
- How does Noah respond?
- What does the Lord instruct Noah to do next? What does the Lord do then?
- Who and what is saved through the ark?
- The waters cover the face of the earth. What scene already described in Genesis does this refer back to? What do you think Moses is teaching in describing them in the same way?
- What do we learn from this passage about how God views sin?
- Why are all living things on earth destroyed when it is man who is sinful?
- What does this teach us about the dangerous effects of our own sins?
- What do we learn about God’s mercy and provision in this passage?
- How should this affect the way we view sin?
- How should this affect the way we think about God’s care for us?