James 1:5–11 – 12 June 2020
What does it say?
- Read James 1:5–11
- Who is listed in the passage?
- List repeated words/phrases.
- List 'connecting' words.
- What commands does the James give?
- What comparisons or illustrations does James make?
What does it mean?
- What does it mean that God gives 'without reproach' (v. 5)?
- What is a 'double-minded man' (v. 8)?
- What does it mean to 'boast in exaltation' and 'in humiliation' (v. 9, 10)?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
How should it change us?
- Do you tend to rely on your own wisdom or rely on God? How is this seen in your life?
- Do you tend to rely on or boast in your own riches? How is this seen in your life?
- How can you grow in asking God for wisdom?
- How does your approach to wealth reveal what you are boasting in?