John 5:1-15 - 24th April 2022
- Read John 5:1-15
- Do you notice any repeated words?
- What is an "invalid"? (v. 5)
- What did Jesus ask the man? (v. 6)
- Why were the Jews upset in verse 10?
What does it mean?
- The theme of belief has been everywhere in John so far. Where do you see "belief" in this passage?
- Why do you think it's there (or not there)?
- Why did Jesus ask the man if he wanted to be healed?
- Do you think it was a rhetorical question?
- Do you think that this man had any hope left of getting better?
- What do you think Jesus meant when he told the man to "sin no more" in verse 14?
The man chose to alert the Jews about who it was that had healed him (verse 15)
- Why do you think he did this?
- Do you think he had ill intentions?
How should it change us?
- This man hoped for healing, but he wasn't able to achieve it in his own strength
- Where do people around you put their hope?
- How might their hopes fail them?
- This man was an invalid for 38 years! Surely he must have felt that life was unfair to him.
- Have you ever thought that life is unfair? When have you felt this way?
- Why do you think that we tend to get impatient with God's timing in our lives?
- What is something in your life that you could trust God with more?
- Pray in light of this passage and about any applications you have made
- Sing O Great God to God and to one another.