Jude- March 2nd 2018
Contending for the Faith
Read Jude 1-16
- Who is Jude, according to his introduction?
- What did he want to write about?
- What is he writing about instead, and why?
- What kind of people does he want to warn against?
- How would you summarize the images and stories he uses to describe these people?
- What will happen to those people who are perverting the grace of God?
- How are the perverting the grace of God?
- Why does Jude want his readers to be reminded of this?
- What can we learn from the contrast between what Jude wanted to write about and what he ended up writing about?
- How are the wicked people distorting the gospel? What warning is there for us?
- What do the descriptions of these wicked people teach us about how we should think of those who corrupt the gospel? How should or shouldn’t we interact with such people?
Read Jude 17-25
- What does Jude want his readers to remember? Why?
- How does he encourage them to treat those who are confused by these distorters of the grace of God?
- Where does he want them to place their confidence?
- How should we then respond to the reality of ungodly people who claim to follow Jesus?
- How should we respond to those who doubt because of these kinds of people?
- Overall, how should this letter shape the way we think about the Christian life?